Through collaborative partnerships, the Carlington Assertive Community Treatment Team supports individuals in their recovery process.
Our team of mental health professionals includes a psychiatrist, nurses, a social worker, mental health counsellors, a peer specialist and addictions counsellor. We provide intense, comprehensive, community-based recovery service to our clients 24 hours/day, 365 days/year for an indefinite time.
We serve individuals with serious, complex, long-term, mental health issues. ACT service will be determined by a consultation with the potential client, ACT staff and a central referring source.
Eligibility for ACT Team services are determined by a consultation with Central Intake, ACT staff and the potential client. Clients must have a diagnosis of a serious mental illness and must have a minimum of 50 days in hospital for mental health reasons in the past year.
Clients must have significant functional impairments such as an inability to consistently perform the range of activities of daily living required for basic adult functioning in the community.
Through partnership with our clients, we offer:
- Help in goal-setting and achieving goals
- 24-hour crisis support
- Symptom assessment, identification, management, education and coping strategies
- Supportive counselling
- Education and support regarding medications
- Assistance with résumé writing and job search
- Education and support regarding substance use
- Addiction counselling & assessment
- Activities of daily living skills training
- Classes and group-based skill sharing opportunities
- Support in acquiring housing
- Support in the development of social and relationship skills
- Support and education to family and friends
- General advocacy assistance
- Connecting with other community services
- Opportunities for fitness and recreation
Individuals interested in a referral to this service are encouraged to discuss it with their current health care providers.
For a referral to ACT services, contact:
ACT Central Intake 613-722-6521 ext. 7325